Monday, March 20, 2006

Ongoing process...

Now it is already about a month from last mapping session. Actually, my hearing have improved to some degrees over a month.

I used P2 mapping immediately after P1, it makes my muscles twitching often, same with P3 and P4 which is stronger. So I stayed on P1 for three weeks, it seemed to iron out twitching problem before I switched to P2. I liked it and am hearing more.

For a while, my hearing was very sensitive to voices. Music wasn't bothersome for me but voices. I have lowered volume on voices, but it didn't help... so I tried to reducing on sensitivity level and it does work!

When I didn't focus on hearing, I wouldn't have hear much. But when I started to concentrate on TV and people talking, I heard them. I guess that concentration is the key to listening. I was informed by my parents that they met with realtor who have a son with cochlear implant. She passed the information to my parents to me. So it was the website Earobics at www.earobics.com. The word "Earobics" are similar to "Aerobics", Earobics is an exercise with listening. They have online listening games, it helps you to listen then pick out right words or letters. I seem to see some differences in these words... most words I couldn't discriminate yet. These games are for the kiddies, but adults could benefit from these games.

Remember, I still have only one channel out of 22 channels turned on. Audie said that once one channel improve, and she will switch on other channels. It looks like this time is more reliable because it doesn't fade out very fast. And seems sooner I will get more channels so I will be able to tell differences in sounds than just with one channel.

My next appointment would be within third week of April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home