Thursday, January 26, 2006

4th Activation Day

I went back to Johns Hopkins Listening Center for mapping session. While audiologist was rebooting her computer, said that she have some problems with the computer. She took me to the sound booth, if I hear any sounds then I should raise my hand. After it was finished, we returned to her office and sat down to look at the audiogram.

Wow!! What a progress! I am in average of 35 dB! My eyes couldn't believe in this audiogram! About 10 to 20 dB is where most normal hearing people hear. I was at 100-110 dB loss before I got the implant. A big status jump from profound deafness to mild hearing loss!

So we went ahead with the new mappings, so I hear better with new maps! She kept my old P1 map into P4 slot. She added new maps to P1, P2 and P3. Strange... I am using now new P1 map and later she asked me to switch to P4 map which has old P1 map... I hear nothing! She said to use all P1 thru P3 at every several days to compare the best map. So my next appointment isn't 6 months away! It will be 2 months.

Here's my new audiogram with implant:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrific! Progress comes in baby steps and sometimes giant leaps!

Congratulations!!!!!

1/27/2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty much like mine after few months after activation.. and my goal was to get into within 0-30 range to cover all parts of sound ranges used in converstation.

1/29/2006 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home