Monday, January 23, 2006

Little progress here...

Thanks for the feedback on MP3 files! I used variety of MP3 music, talk show, and more... I seem to improve hearing on these things than before.

What I can hear myself typing on this keyboard, surprising that keyboard keys are making clicks everytime! Same thing with a mouse! How could you hearies live with that!? ;-)

Another thing, when I turn the pages of the book, I heard the paper making the sound as I turn it!

I will have 4th activation session at Johns Hopkins on Thursday the 26th. Will keep you posted soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recall when I was activated, paper, ceiling fans and the computer keys drove me CRAZY for a long time! But now I do not hear it unless I "listen" for it. It has become "background noise", like the "hearies" hear....that takes time tho!

I had more difficulty with paper and ceiling fans. (had five ceiling fans in my house and I REFUSED to turn them off, decided that it was up to me to get used to them!)

One idea- don't know if you want to bother with it but "American Idol" was something I used for CI training. I tried to guess what the judges would say about the singers. I'd listen to the singers and try to see if I could hear their faults....LOL. At first I could not but as time went by, I could.

Sounds like you are making progress!!!

1/24/2006 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home