Wednesday, December 21, 2005

First Activation

On December 19th, my wife, my daughter and my mom couldn't attend to my first hookup day, because my wife and my daughter were sick with the stomach flu. My daughter had been vomitting since Friday night, and it is almost full three days that she had been vomitting. It seemed very serious for my daughter, so my mom called the advice nurse for me. Also, my wife got sick in the same morning as my first activation, she wasn't feeling very well. So there I went with my dad to the appointment at Johns Hopkins Listening Center.

My audiologist was running the electrode cycles throughout all of the channels... It made me felt like little weakened on my whole body and little dizziness experienced. But then she ran channel 22, I heard nothing, nothing, nothing... then little pain simulated behind my ear, I told her I get the pain so she marked it there. Then she went on to the channel 21, nothing, channel 20, nothing, channel 19, nothing. So she set only channel 22 on, and the rest of the channels were set off. My map was using ACE strategy and I am only experiencing sensations like little pain spasms against my right ear. None of these sensations do make sense... So I let my CI running through my head today all afternoon and night.

After the appointment was over. My dad and I were on the way to my home, then my mom called that she wanted us to meet at her home instead to admit my daughter to the urgent care. My wife went along with my mom and we met at my parent's home. My dad had to stay at home because of his business trip to Tennessee and Michigan. He had to get up about 3am for the airport shuttle. So I drove with my mom, wife and daughter to the urgent care. After we were there, we asked if my wife could go in for appointment as well. They accepted and had my daughter and wife going through blood tests and the nurse put IV into my daughter's arm and she screamed out loud. My wife was put on IV also. When my daughter screamed, my mom asked if I heard that... I told her no, I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home