Thursday, December 08, 2005

Many misconceptions

I have gotten many misconceptions from someone I know about how cochlear implant works.

I had a deaf friend who feared about drilling and creating hole, he said do I have hole in my head? I told him, "Here it is look at my head, do I have any hole?" He said, "Huh, no. Can you hear now?" I told him, "No, I don't have external components, once I have external components at the first hookup day, then I may be able to hear with it." He said, "How?" I explained about magnetic connection over the skin, just like kids love playing by putting a paper between two magnets. So he said like, "Oh! Got it."

Even he is much involved with the Deaf culture... He was simply ignorant on how CI works. Even he thinks that I couldn't go swimming!

Here's the interactive flash video on how the CI works... Very good one.

WATCH THE INTERACTIVE FLASH VIDEO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home