Friday, November 18, 2005

Learn about Cochlear Implants

My surgeon recommended this brand over other brands because of my case with severe ossification of cochleas. My left ear's cochlea was solidified with ossificated bones which cannot insert any electrodes on my left ear. So surgeon said that he saw little hole in my right cochlea and Nucleus Freedom have the thinnest electrodes over other brands for that reason, it can be inserted up to 80%.

For all those who don't know about cochlear implantation systems, you may be able to browse lots of information about CI. So go to each links below:

Cochlear's Nucleus Freedom (my implant)

Advanced Bionics' Bionic Ear

Cochlear Implants: Navigating a Forest of Information... One Tree at a Time (Gallaudet University's Clerc Center)

About.com's Cochlear Implants Information

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home